0 9678 777 000 5675 245 0
SIMS : ROCKS ARE FREE, AND SLINGSHOTS EASILY STOLEN.
0 comments

Monday, November 28, 2005
This again

I was in Las Vegas for Thanksgiving, and had very little inclination to do any writing. Upon my return, I discover yet another statue of the Virgin Mary has been crying. Well, I know how she feels.

This time around, the statue has red liquid that appears to have dripped out of it's eye. There are many reasons why this bothers me.

1) People actually seem to believe that a statue made out of rock is able to emit liquid.


2) That it is, in fact, a miracle.


3) That it is not quite obviously a hoax.


But what should scare the "believers" the most, is that, if they are right,
the Virgin Mary is CRYING BLOOD. This is not a religious event. This is a horror movie. Make your own joke about the Catholic Church, I'm not your joke-monkey.

Believe it or not, I'm not a religious person. Still, I should think that if one of the statues I worship (graven images anyone?) started oozing blood, I would have to consider this to be a very bad sign.

Catholicism is a fun religion in general, especially as seen from afar. I'm not going to take this opportunity to rail away at the pedophilia, although it's certainly horrible. It's just interesting, what with the pageantry, the costumes, the gold, statues, and superstitious hand motions. It's a hoot.


But the crying statue thing has to stop. Between this type of crap, and seeing Jesus on underpasses, tortillas, you name it, one has to question the sanity of anyone who would believe that this is how Jesus would choose to appear to his people.
Of course, the church will not allow the ooze to be tested, so this "miracle" is safe. No need for science! We'll Intelligent Design the answers out of it, for sure!

Labels: , ,


posted at 7:32 PM

maystar maystar maystar designs | maystar designs |
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com