0 9678 777 000 5675 245 0
SIMS : ROCKS ARE FREE, AND SLINGSHOTS EASILY STOLEN.
0 comments

Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Neda's killer showed remorse?

The doctor who tried to save the life of Neda Agha-Soltan, the Iranian woman killed June 20th, said in a BBC interview that the militiaman who murdered her claimed that he didn't mean to.

"It was a tough decision to make, to come out and talk about it," he said. "I am jeopardizing my situation because of the innocent look in her eyes before she died. She was fighting for basic rights... I don't want her blood to have been shed in vain."

Doctor Arash Hejazi, who fearing for his own life, fled for London, said that the crowd reacted to the incident immediately, grabbing a Basij gunman off of his motorcycle.

"They disarmed him and took out his identity card. People were furious and he was shouting, 'I didn't want to kill her! I didn't want to kill her!'" Hejazi said. "People didn't know what to do with him so they let him go. Some people said, 'Don't harm him. We are not killers like him."

Dr Hejazi said he first thought the gunshot had come from a rooftop.

"Suddenly everything turned crazy. The police threw teargas and the motorcycles started rushing towards the crowd. We ran to an intersection and people were just standing. They didn't know what to do.

"We heard a gunshot. Neda was standing one metre away from me. I turned back and I saw blood gushing out of Neda's chest.

"She was in a shocked situation, just looking at her chest. Then she lost her control.

"We ran to her and lay her on the ground. I saw the bullet wound just below the neck with blood gushing out.

"I have never seen such a thing because the bullet, it seemed to have blasted inside her chest, and later on, blood exiting from her mouth and nose.

"I had the impression that it had hit the lung as well. Her blood was draining out of her body and I was just putting pressure on the wound to try to stop the bleeding, which wasn't successful unfortunately, and she died in less than one minute."

The BBC article also said that Dr. Hejazi did not believe that he would ever be able to return to Iran.

Labels: , , , , , ,


posted at 9:11 AM

maystar maystar maystar designs | maystar designs |
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com